For those of you that don’t already know, there have been some new changes made to the PokerStars VIP Program for 2010 and they will stay in effect forever. The changes to the VIP Program have made it much more beneficial for players and you’ll be able to earn a lot more money throughout the year with the new features. For those of you that don’t have any idea what the PokerStars VIP Program is, we’re going to walk you through everything that you need to know about the program.
VIP Program Levels
There are multiple VIP levels at PokerStars and the higher you make it up the ladder, the more rewards you’ll be able to earn. To reach one of the higher VIP levels at PokerStars all you need to do is earn the required amount of VPP’s each month. The two highest VIP levels are based on yearly VPP totals and not monthly so if you make it to one of the top two levels then you’ll be able to keep that level for an entire year.
* BronzeStar VIP Level – 0 VPP’s required
* SilverStar VIP Level – 750 VPP’s required monthly
* GoldStar VIP Level – 3000 VPP’s required monthly
* PlatinumStar VIP Level – 7500 VPP’s required monthly
* Supernova VIP Level – 100,000 VPP’s required annually
* Supernova Elite VIP Level – 1,000,000 VPP’s required annually
One of the changes made to the Poker Stars VIP Program for 2010 was the amount of VPP’s required for SilverStar. You use to need 1200 VPP’s a month in order to maintain SilverStar status, but now you only need to earn 750 VPP’s monthly. Every level of the PokerStars VIP Program opens up new rewards and bonuses. You should check out the PokerStars website to find out exactly what benefits become available to you when you earn a certain VIP level.
Changes to PokerStars VIP Program
* If you’ve always wanted to play against one of the PokerStars Pros such as daniel negreanu it has now become a lot easier. For those of you that are SilverStar VIP status or higher you’ll be able to buy tickets into sit and go tournaments where you’ll be able to play against a PokerStars Pro.
* The weekly $75K Freeroll Tournaments have been changed and instead of offering them PokerStars will offer one tournament every three months with a prize pool of $1 million. All Supernova VIP players will earn a free ticket to the tournament and all PlatinumStar and GoldStar VIP’s will be able to earn a seat into this quarterly freeroll.
* You’ll be able to earn FPP’s and VPP’s a lot quicker now with the new simplified method of calculating how these points are distributed. Many tournament players complained that we don’t earn enough VPP’s or FPP’s for the time we spend playing and PokerStars has listened to us and changed the rules.
* PokerStars also added a completely unique and new feature to the VIP Program known as the “VIP Stellar Rewards” feature. This new feature will allow players to earn an extra $1000 a year through the VIP Program without having to spend your FPP’s. In order to earn money from this new feature you simply need to earn VPP’s in the poker room. Every time you reach one of the listed VPP plateaus your account will automatically be credited with the bonus. The first VIP Stellar Rewards bonus is $10 and will be added to your account when you earn 750 VPP’s this year. The highest plateau is 90K VPP’s and when you reach this plateau you’ll receive $100 bringing your total amount earned up to $1000 on the year.